May 7, 2020
CVAC is hiring a new Managing Director
CVAC Managing Director
The Cowichan Valley Arts Council (CVAC) is seeking a dynamic Managing Director committed to a collaborative and inclusive approach to arts in the community. The Managing Director works closely with the CVAC Board and is responsible for overseeing the CVAC galleries and exhibitions, facilitating special events and coordinating volunteer support for the galleries. The Managing Director assists with developing and delivering programs and supervises the social media and summer programs. The Managing Director is also responsible for administrative support for the organization.
Coordinating, organizing and overseeing daily operations of the CVAC Galleries
1. Work with CVAC board and other arts organizations and community groups to develop innovative programming including member shows. 2. Manage the day-to-day tasks associated with running the art galleries and studio and perform other related tasks. 3. Manage recruitment, scheduling and development of volunteers.
1. Administer the CVAC budget.
2. Process accounts payable and receivable and provide information to the bookkeeper regularly.
Community relations and Communications
1. Oversee and support internal and external communications.
2. Identify opportunities to promote CVAC activities through paid and earned media.
Qualifications The successful candidate should demonstrate
• An understanding of the CVAC vision for the art gallery in the creative life of the community
• Experience in arts management
• Strong written and verbal communication skills • Ability to work effectively in collaboration with diverse groups of people
• An innovative approach to planning and prioritizing • Excellent time management skills
• Excellent computer skills
This is a salaried position based on 30 hours per week.
To apply, send your resume and a cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
Applications will be reviewed starting May 22nd.
for the CVAC
Fine Arts Show
Our sincere thanks and appreciation goes to the following: