A new approach to seeing & painting with Susan Woolgar
Friday, May 17 – 7-9 pm
Sat & Sun May 18 & May 19 – 9:30 am – 4:30 pm
Description: Find a new connection to nature. Through demonstrations and exercises, Susan will help you develop a new approach to seeing the landscape. Focusing on colour, design, and expressive mark making will be the foundation of this three-day workshop. Step out of your comfort zone; expand your vision beyond a traditional point of view. For intermediate level painters.
- One small set of cheap hard chalks, Michaels has a set for 7.99, Nupastels, we will be using these for mark making.
- Acrylics: one warm red (vermillion, cadmium red light), one cool red (quinacridone magenta, alizarin crimson, quinacridone red) lemon yellow or cadmium yellow light, Cadmium yellow medium, (I also like using Indian Yellow) Ultramarine blue, Pthalo blue, white, carbon or ivory black, burnt umber, transparent red oxide, and transparent yellow oxide, cad orange and violet. Container of matte medium, extra heavy gel medium.
- A variety of flat and round brushes, scraping tools such as old credit cards, pieces of matte board, scrapers. One 18 x 24 pad of Canson watermedia paper for paper exercises and small studies. One largish canvas for a finished piece 24 x 24, 20 x 30, 24 x 36 or bigger if you like.
- Easel, support for paper, tape, sketch book, pencil, apron, gloves for painting.
- Rags or paper towels.
- Bucket for water and washing brushes.
- Tablecloth to protect table and/or floor under easel.
Susan Woolgar is a professional artist who has taught at community arts councils throughout Alberta as well as holding a teaching position at Red Deer College.
Minimum 6/Maximum 10
CVAC Members, $225 – Non-members: $250