"Into the Light" Eiko Jones
"Arbutus Park" Cheryl Painter
"Simply Petals" Zosia Miller
"Lily Pearl" Morgan Saddington
"Mount Tzouhalem Arbutus" Renee deBree
"Fanciful" Beckie Hutchinson
"In a Forest Glade" Joy Hegglund
"Evening Shimmer" Astrid Notte
"Homecoming" Carla Stein
"Market Meet and Greet" Kaye Smillie
"Watershed" Claus Madsen
COWICHAN VALLEY FINE ART SHOW 2019
The Cowichan Valley Arts Council presents its 49th annual Fine Arts Show.
April 30 - May 11
PEOPLE'S CHOICE SHOW May 14 - 18
The largest open show and sale in the area.
In Person Registration April 4 (10 am - 5 pm) and April 5 (12 pm - 7 pm)
On Line Registration April 4 (10 am) to April 13 (5 pm)
Art Drop April 25 and 26 12-8
ABOUT THE SHOW
* The following awards will be selected by three judges: Best in Show (1), Award of Excellence (5), Honorable Mention (10)
* A People's Choice Award will be given to the entry with the most votes by the show attendees.
* The People's Choice Show will continue for an additional week. The pieces for this show will be the top 25% from the People's Choice ballots.
* 160 entries based on a first come first served basis.
* As closely as possible the show will include 70% 2D and 30% 3D pieces.
* All purchases are subject to a 15% CVAC commission charge.
* A 2% processing fee will be applied to single electronic purchases over $300 (Visa, MC, Debit).
* Unsold entries not collected on pick-up day are subject to a storage fee of $3.00 per day.
CONDITIONS OF ENTRY
* be a CVAC member in good standing at the time of registration
* be at least 16 years of age
* ensure that valid “model release” forms have been completed in cases where individuals are represented or photographed and may be recognizable in the work being displayed
Acceptable entries must:
* be the original work of the entrant
* be for sale
*be no larger than 18 square feet or 40 cubic feet with the exception of up to 5 - 100 cubic foot sculptures
* have finished edges on unframed canvases with no staples visible
* must be framed and/or ready to hang based on the CVAC hanging protocol
* must be culturally appropriate as CVFAS acknowledges and respects the cultural rights of our First Nations
Register Online Below:
Artwork Categories for the Cowichan Valley Fine Art Show 2019
2D (acrylic, oils, watercolour, pastel, graphite, encaustic, original printmaking, mixed media collage, fibre, digital imagery)
3D (sculpture, jewellery, glass, assemblage, fibre, furniture, wood, metals, functional ceramics)
Photography (non-manipulated (cropping allowed))