The Cowichan Valley Arts Council is looking for a creative and enthusiastic individual who will recruit and retain volunteers for jobs (such as docents and outreach) within the organization. The volunteer coordinator is responsible for marketing volunteer opportunities, ensuring effective recruitment and screening of volunteers, matching volunteers to a range of opportunities and supporting individual volunteer development through regular programs andsocial events. The volunteer coordinator reports directly to the Board. We are looking for anengaging person who would be part of a dynamic team as we expand and explore newopportunities, and who recognizes the role of arts and culture in the community.
CVAC is a non-profit charitable organization that operates two art galleries at the Island Savings Centre, as well as offering workshops, speakers and children’s programs. Volunteer support is vital to its success.
Posting Date: October 29, 2018
Closing Date: Nov. 13, 2018
Part-time: 15 hours per week (to work 4 half-days)
Job to start in December. There is the potential for advancement and increased hours. Competitive wages.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
Develop and implement marketing strategies for recruiting volunteers according to the CVAC Board’s established targets. Ensure effective recruitment, screening and interviewing of potential volunteers for all programs. Promote public awareness of and interest in volunteer programs to the community. Work with staff and Board members to identify and develop new volunteer opportunities within the organization. Explore potential for volunteer partnerships with business and other non-profits. Develop policies for retention and assessment of volunteers. Maintain clear records of volunteer hours and contacts.
- Experience with basic office procedures
- Ability to adapt to changing priorities
- Demonstrated experience in training, coaching and supporting others
- Experience in marketing and program promotions
- Experience in supervisory or leadership capacity
- Good computer literacy and social media skills
- Ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing
- Ability to work cooperatively with staff and volunteers in a team environment
- Ability to work effectively with community organizations.
Contact email: [email protected]