There’s always a lot going on at CVAC. We have two staff: Office Manager, Cheryl Galloway and Executive Director, Carmen Hildebrand.
Cheryl looks after all business matters and Carmen looks after volunteer coordination, community outreach, PORTALS shows and grants. All other activities are done by volunteers, who contribute by:
- Hosting the PORTALS art space (greeting visitors, answering questions, helping them make purchases);
- Promoting CVAC while showcasing their art form through Pop-Up PORTALS
- Helping ready Cowichan Suites (beside PORTALS) for the Cowichan Valley Fine Arts Show;
- Participating in the Kids’ Art Camp in July, in PORTALS;
- Becoming a Board member, assisting from the Advocacy Circle and/or being on committees which brainstorm new projects or initiatives and bring them to life.
CVAC members can participate IN several popular annual or semi-annual shows, including:
- Cowichan Valley Fine Arts Show, the largest non-juried fine arts show on Vancouver Island;
- Rent-A-Wall (specifically, a portion of a wall or a plinth) for a small fee, for the length of the show;
- Teeny Tiny Art Work Show (which runs concurrently with Christmas Chaos);
- Word and Vision
Contribute in Other Ways
- Donations large or small to CVAC are hugely appreciated. You can direct your donation where you like, to enhance youth projects, special shows, CVAC as a whole, or help in the community.
- Every year, one CVAC artist contributes a ‘keeper piece’ for the winner of the City of Duncan’s Perpetual Art Trophy. There is an awards ceremony at City Hall, with media coverage of donor, art piece and recipient by a local newspaper.